Thursday, October 1, 2009

Washington...One last thing...

Mt. Raineer............
The view of the mountain I caught out the window of the car as we were driving back from dropping off kids. It was a clear day and great view. On the last day, Patricia and Bethany and I dropped Taylor, Maren, Jenna, and Karsten off at the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma for EFY. What a beautiful campus and looked like they were off to a great start of a fun week. We then went to visit the Glass Museum in town and then to the airport to come back to California.
The Glass Museum was interesting. We wandered through the gallery and also to the workroom where you could watch things in progress. We didn't stay long in there because it was very very warm. They had a "glass bridge" we walked up several ramps to see but it was not what I expected! I thought it would be a glass bridge you could see down through but instead it was a bridge with glass vase/flower displayed on one side. Kind of disappointing when I thought I was going out on a glass bridge!

...part of the outside glass sculptures with some fancy bridge in the background....


1 comment:

Patricia Peterson said...

That working glass room was very interesting - and HOT. It's interesting that the glass museum was the 'hot ticket'. You know when we asked people and googled it this is what came up. Perhaps I'm just not as much of a glass connoisseur as I should be??